Want to broadcast a live chat or interview? Now Instagram lets you go live with a friend.
Since Instagram introduced live video in November 2016, millions of people have used it to broadcast to their friends and followers.
Live video is an incredible platform for building engagement with your audience, not least because it shows the reality of what you are doing rather then selected / edited highlights.
Now, Instagram have added with ability to invite a friend to join you on your live broadcast – perfect for creating interviews and client testimonials.
Split-screen for live chats and interviews
Once you invite a guest to join you, you’ll see a screen split where your friend pops up below you and you can remove your guest and add someone else at any time.
When your broadcast ends, you can share your live video to Instagram stories or simply “discard” it.
How do I go live with a friend on Instagram?
Here are the six simple steps you need to follow to go live with a friend:
- Tap the camera in the top left of the screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap Live at the bottom of the screen, then tap Start Live Video.
- Tap the ‘2 faces’ icon.
- Tap on a person’s name to invite them to join your live broadcast.
- If your friend accepts the invitation to join, you’ll see them appear in a split-screen view. You’ll also see if they’ve chosen to decline.
- You can remove the person you invited to join your live video at any time by tapping x at the top right corner of their split-screen.